So if you feel like decorating your home or garden with beautiful plants, you'd better look at this list to avoid those that could cause problems for your four-legged roommate.
English Ivy is a beautiful indoor and outdoor plant. However, eating the leaves can cause vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, and respiratory decompensations in pets. If the animal eats large quantities, it could be fatal.
Very praised as decoration, the Swiss cheese plant can harm your pets, especially cats. It can cause digestive problems, abdominal pain, and inflammation. Ingestion can also lead to acute nephritis with renal failure.
This plant, with healing abilities for humans, is toxic to cats and dogs. The gel is safe, but the white interior is not. The side effects include vomiting and diarrhea.
Leopard Lily is a beautiful evergreen indoor plant. Unfortunately, its roots, leaves, and stems are toxic for your dog. They cause symptoms like swollen mouth, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. In sporadic cases, it can lead to arrhythmias or death.
The year-round Oleander is often chosen to embellish parks and gardens. However, it can be fatal if you or your pet ingest even a tiny amount.
The Bird of Paradise is a beautiful flower native to South Africa. If ingested by your pet, it can cause drowsiness, nausea, and vomiting.
Having at least one Poinsettia at home to complete the Christmas atmosphere is a must. But, if you have a dog or a cat at home, know that this plant's milky sap can produce swelling, burning, vomiting, and diarrhea.